Chinachem Group (including its subsidiaries and associated companies) is committed to protect your privacy and personal data, and comply with all the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. This statement is intended to notify you of our privacy and practice including the purposes of collecting your personal data, how your personal data will be handled and used by us and to whom data access requests are to be addressed. We may update and change this statement from time to time. You are suggested to review this statement periodically to check for any updates and changes. Your continued use of this web site following the updates and changes shall conclusively be deemed to be your acceptance of them.
Security of Personal data
We will use our best endeavors to ensure that your personal data is maintained securely in our system and protected against unauthorized access or processing. However, there is still risk of interception or disclosure for transmission of data over the Internet. We cannot guarantee or warrant 100% security of transmission of your personal information to us and will not be responsible for any interception or disclosure of your personal information in transmission.
Collection of Personal Data
In order to provide you with better user experience and customizable and personalized services, "cookies" may be created and saved on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are automatically created and stored on your web browser in your computer which can be retrieved by this web site. Cookies will store information about your site preferences, navigation pattern, your login name, etc and be used to track visits to our web site but will not contain any information about your name, address, telephone number or any similar information that will enable any person to contact you by email, telephone or other means. You can at any time disable cookies in your web browser. However, by disabling cookies, you will be unable to use some of the features of our web site.
When using this web site, you may be asked to provide us with your personal information including your name, address, email, telephone number and other personal particulars in order for us to carry out and provide our various services and deliver information which we believe you may have interest in to you. Provision of your personal information in entirely voluntary. However, if you fail to provide the personal information requested, we may not be able to provide you with our services and deliver useful information to you.
We will take appropriate measures to ensure that personal information will not be kept longer than necessary and comply with all legal requirements in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region with respect to the retention of personal data.
Purposes of Collection information collected for one or more of the following purposes:
- To administer and further develop this web site;
- To analyze site usage and navigation patterns of users;
- To compile statistics about use of this web site and information of users;
- To identify users and prepare contact lists for communication with users;
- To understand users' needs in order to provide better services;
- To market and promote services and products of Chinachem Group, business partners and other selected companies;
- To deliver information and materials to users that we believe they may have interest in, including promotional and marketing materials, information of new services and products and newsletters;
- To follow up on and respond to comments, requests and other messages submitted by users to Chinachem Group;
- To contact users in relation to administrative issues and use of this web site;
- To fulfill other directly related purposes.
We may match or compare your personal information with data held or hereafter obtained for the purposes mentioned above or different purposes by us or any third party in Hong Kong or overseas when we deem it is necessary. By accessing this web site and any of its pages, you consent to this matching procedure.
Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
We will keep your personal information confidential and not disclose or transfer such information to or allow access by any parties other than the following parties:
- Our subsidiaries, affiliates and associated companies;
- Any third party agents, suppliers, contractors or service providers who provide data storage, data processing, administrative, telecommunications, computer or any other services to us;
- Any person to whom we are under a legal obligation to make disclosure;
- Any selected companies, content providers and service providers for the purpose of providing you with information and services which we believe will be of interest to you.
We may also disclose your personal information in compliance with law or court order, or in response to lawful request by government or law enforcement authorities, or in case we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary for (including but not limited to) protection of our rights or properties, or to identify, contact or bring legal action against any person who may be causing damage to or interference with our rights or properties (whether intentionally or otherwise), or when any person could be harmed by such activities.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
You have a right to request access to and correction of your personal data held by us in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. There will be a reasonable charge for your data access request to reimburse our administrative costs and disbursements. You will be informed in advance of the charge.
In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall apply and prevail.